THORSUN is a swimwear line focused on creating the perfect swim short for the modern, discerning, traveling man. The collection is made up of original prints and hand embroidered details www.thorsun.com.
- Recently featured by GQ's Style book as the short to wear in 2015
- Current stockists include: Bergdorf Goodman, Barneys New York, Matches Fashion, The Webster Miami and other international doors.
Thorsun swimwear is looking for a Spring/Summer intern to work directly with the founder in assisting with the everyday functioning of the business. We are a start-up brand made in New York entering our second season, so the position will have the opportunity to see and affect all aspects of how the business functions and grows and to assist with the development of the brand.
Must be a current student, preferably in the later years of your degree.
- Highly organized
- Some knowledge of the buying, merchandising and production process
- An interest in and knowledge of marketing and social media practices
- The ability to work independently in order to meet deadlines
Work will include but not be limited to:
- Liaising between the founder and retail account contacts including Bergdorf Goodman, The Webster, Matches Fashion, Barneys New York and Fred Segal.
- Reviewing and maintaining the functioning of the website
- Participating in the creation look book, marketing and social media materials
- Procuring materials from and liaising with vendors in New York’s garment district
- Tracking production deadlines and progress
- Assisting with market appointments and event set up
- Assisting with public relations appointments and interviews